I hope you’ve had lots of opportunity to go through the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog to see all of the new products and ideas. I know I have tattered mine already. Today, I’ve set out to bring you my favorite picks from the catalog. I have to tell you, it’s almost torture trying to pick only ten. So you understand how I came up with my list, frugality is important to me, and I choose the items that I purchase based on their versality and potential usage. That’s not to say that I won’t or haven’t already purchased items that aren’t on this list! 🙂
So here we go:
1. Simply Scored Scoring Tool: This scoring tool features score tracks every 1/8″, easy-to-read rulers on both top and left sides, three place markers, one double-ended stylus and a little storage area at the top to keep extra place markers and tools. Scoring your cards makes much cleaner and professional folds, and you can use scoring in your designs. Product #122334 for $29.95. (Order six extra place markers – #125625 for only $2.50) A must-have item for a professional papercrafter.
2. Dazzling Details Iridescent Glitter Glue: If you’ve been following my blog, you already know how much I love this product. It was hard to place it as second on this list, but a scoring tool is more important. This glitter glue takes any product from ordinary to extraordinary. Use it as is with it’s narrow tip applicator or add coloring with refill ink and brush it on to give your projects that something-special look. Item #124117 for only $2.50.
3. Spice Cake Designer Series Paper: I want to use this paper on everything I create! Adding Pool Party to classic fall colors was a genius move by Stampin’ Up! It totally rennovates the fall color scheme. This DSP was designed for fall, but certainly is not limited to fall. The set includes 12 sheets of 12″ x 12″ double sided designs, with 2 each of 6 designs. Item #124003 for $10.95.
4. Gently Falling Stamp Set: Since fall is my favorite season, this stamp set is another must-have for me. This set has 12 stamps, 6 outline and 6 fillers designs perfect for two-step stamping. I will be using this set in the spring and summer, too! Sets such as this change seasons by changing ink colors. Available in either wood mount (123802) for $39.95 or clear mount (123804) for $28.95.
5. The Sounding Joy Stamp Set: I prefer using Christmas stamp sets that remind us of the reason for the season, Christ’s birth, and this is such a wonderful Christian Christmas set. The lettering, the lyrics to Joy to the World, and the sentiment are all so beautifully done. Watch for items I’ll be making with this set as we get closer to Christmas. The set includes four stamps in either wood mount (121967) for $24.95 or clear mount (121979) for $18.95.
6. Hand-Penned Holiday Stamp Set: Four absolutely lovely greeting that resemble the penmanship of our ancestors. This is a perfect item in keeping with the theme that you’ll see throughout the next selections: an old-fashioned Christmas. The set comes in either wood mount (124310) for $21.95 or clear mount (124312) for $16.95.
7. Christmas Lodge Stamp Set: The old-fashioned Christmas feeling is alive and well in this stamp set. The graphics are beautifully done. I can hardly wait to start making Christmas cards and projects with this set. A set of six stamps in either wood mount (123767) for $33.95 or clear mount (123769) for 25.95.
8. Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper: Stampin’ Up! describes this designer series paper “Holiday colors and cozy designs” and I couldn’t agree more! I love the plaids and wood grains for that old-fashioned Christmas appeal. The set includes 12 sheets of 12″ x 12″ double sided designs, with 2 each of 6 designs. Item #124002 for $10.95.
9. Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin’ Kit: A festive kit for scrapbooking or cardmaking. The set includes 2 sheets each of 12″ x 12″ textured cardstock in 4 colors, 3 sheets each of double-sided 12″ x 12″ designs, featuring four different designs and 3 12″ x 12″ sheets of self-adhesive die-cut designs to coordinate with the papers. The primary colors of this set are Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede and Early Espresso. (NOTE: this set would also coordinate well with Frostwood Lodge DSP). Item #124007 for $21.95.
10. You Are Loved Stamp Set: This beautiful set is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but certainly not limited to it. Other than the stamp that specifically says “Happy Valentine’s Day”, the other six stamps are good for any time you want to tell someone you care. The sentiments are so warm and the designs are beautiful and versatile. This is a must-have set for all year long. Seven stamps available in wood mount (123777) for $31.77 or clear mount (123779) for $23.95. Also available in Spanish (W125384 or C125386).
It’s time to print out your Wish List to prepare to go shopping! When you’re ready, CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER IN MY ONLINE STORE, OPEN 24/7! Don’t forget, your order of $50 or more qualifies you for DOUBLE Pretty Points until September 30th!
I hope you’ve enjoy this review of my favorites from the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog. I’d love to hear what your favorites are; please leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by.