I learned how to make this little 3″ x 3″ box at Leadership Conference, and it is so quick and easy that I had to share it with you! No sticky strip, no glue dots, just your Simply Scored Scoring Tool, the Diagonal Scoring Plate, a piece of card stock and some ribbon! It’s great for giving a set of 3″ x 3″ notecards, or to fill with candy.
- Cut a piece of 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ card stock (Marina Mist used in sample)
- Score at 2-1/4″ and 3-1/2″ on all sides
- Using 1-1/4″ Square Punch or Paper Snips, cut out pieces as shown in next photo
- Cut tabs
- Fold box on score lines (optional: using bone folder makes nicer creases)
- This is what the back of the box looks like when folded
Decorate your box to fit the occasion! A paper band or ribbon both work well.
In my sample, I’ve stamped the front and four sides by turning under the back pieces and then stamping with the En Francais background stamp using Early Espresso ink. A simple ribbon and bow of 1/8″ Early Espresso Tafetta Ribbon was tied around the box. For a finishing touch, the New Builder Brads with the 4 You stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (sentiment was punched with the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack).
I hope you enjoyed this quick-n-easy photo tutorial. Will you be making these?