I love Linda Callahan’s sketch for Freshly Made Sketches this week! It inspired this “Happy Journal” created with many products from the New Spring Catalog and Sale-A-Bration freebies.
TIPS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN “HAPPY JOURNAL”:
- Be careful what you throw away! The base for this journal came from a thick piece of cardboard packed with the Artisan Embellishments Kit; cut in half it makes two pieces measuring 4-1/2″ x 6″.
- Use the Tabletop Paper Cutter is perfect for cutting thick cardboard to get a nice, clean edge.
- Use Anywhere Glue Sticks for an easy and mess-free way to adhere your DSP to the cardboard. The DSP used on the outside and inside covers and the tag graphic are from the New Tea For Two (Spring Catalog).
- Use ribbon for your journal “rings”. You can untie them and add more pages, if necessary. The beautiful shiny, satiny ribbon used to tie it all together is from the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack which includes 3 ribbon spools (Island Indigo, Pool Party and Tangerine Tango) and 36 coordinating buttons. This pack is from the Sale-A-Bration brochure and it’s FREE with a $50 order!
- Use a light colored paper for your pages (So Saffron used here) so you can easily write and stamp on it.
- Journals are the perfect opportunity to use bulkier embellishments like trinkets and fluffy flowers. The Tea Time Trinkets are a perfect compliment for the graphic used on the tag, and the Bloomin’ Marvelous stamp set (also a FREE choice from Sale-A-Bration) has perfect sentiments for a journal, inside and out.
- Give it extra 3-D appeal by allowing some of your embellishments, ribbons, banners, etc., overlap the edges.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and are inspired to create your own “Happy Journal”, “Creativity Journal” or whatever you want to journal. This also makes a wonderful gift, but I can’t part with this one. I guess I better go make some more…
I also hope that you’ve been encouraged to play along with Linda’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week. We’d love to see what you create!
SUPPLIES: Stamp Set: Bloomin’ Marvelous (SAB); Paper: Tea for Two DSP (SC), Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango; Ink: Early Espresso Classis Stampin’ Pad and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker; Tools and Accessories: Tabletop Paper Cutter, Anywhere Glue Stick, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Blossom Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Tea Time Trinkets (SC), Tangerine Tango Ribbon from the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB); Natural Trim Ribbon (SC), 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch (SC), Top Note Die, Owl Builder Punch (for hearts on inside page), Rhinestone Basic Jewels; Other: Crop-a-Dile, Cardboard or Chipboard, regular paper hole punch (for tag).
Key: SAB = Sale-A-Bration Brochure and SC = Spring Catalog