I am having so much fun mixing new products from the Holiday Catalog with old favorites! It’s kind of like adding new accessories to your wardrobe to freshen it up and make it on-trend without buying a whole new wardrobe.
This week’s card began with inspiration from Margaret Moody’s awesome sketch for Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. I just can’t say enough about how much I love Margaret’s sketches, and how amazed I am that she keeps putting out fresh ideas to inspire us. With that being said, I had my heart set on using a leaf from the Gently Falling stamp set, so I substituted it for the larger circle in the sketch.
What’s new this fall?
From the 2013-2014 Catalog:
- Background Builders stamp set frame the center panel
- New Designer Buttons in trendy new designs
- Candy Dots also have a color to matching every color of the card stock regular line. I love how you can pop them on as a last-minute addition!
- The fabulous new color, Crushed Curry
From the 2013 Holiday Catalog
- The sentiment is a new favorite from Truly Grateful stamp set
- Gold Metallic Encore Ink Pad. LOVE this ink; all the great look of gold embossing without the fuss.
- Sweater Weather DSP: I love fall, so it’s natural that I would love this DSP!
I love the way the Sweater Weather DSP plaid print looks after being embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
I hope you were inspired by today’s card. Now it’s time to pop in at Pals Paper Arts to see what Margaret and the other Resident Artists have created based on this fabulous sketch to show you just a few of the wide range of possibilities! I hope you’ll share your creation with us this week!
SUPPLIES: Stamp Sets: Gently Falling, Background Builders and Truly Grateful; Paper: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Sweater Weather DSP; Ink: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Gold Metallic Encore Pad; Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Neutrals Candy Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Glue Dots.