Welcome to the September Pals Hop! This month, we’re featuring Fall and Halloween inspired projects! Enjoy the hop and the amazing creations that the Pals have come up with.
You’ve likely hopped over from Kylie Nicolosi; I’m stop number 15 on the Pals Hop and I’m glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for Fall and Halloween paper projects from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you’ll be back on track!
So, what can you make with some paper and a punch? A beautiful floral bouquet appropriate for any occasion, displayed elegantly in a woven paper basket, and it’s all very economical and easy to make. This fall-colored floral arrangement would make a lovely gift or a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
The flowers were very easy to make. Each flower has 5 to 8 pieces cut with the 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, then crumpled, uncrumpled, scrunched from the center and adhered to one flat scallop circle. The pieces of solid cardstock were seperated into two layers, but the DSP pieces were left intact. Some of the flowers were also sponged on the edges with coordinating colors. Here are a few more photos so you can see the different varieties of flower colors:
I also made a greeting to be added for Thanksgiving:
The basket was made by weaving strips of Soft Suede and two different designs from Spice Cake DSP. The top bands were ‘sewn’ to the basket using Linen Thread. The inside of the basket is pretty too; the reverse sides of the DSP are primarily Pool Party prints.
This project is really very easy. TIP: Husbands and kids make great paper crumplers! My husband does not partake in my papercrafting obsession, but he can crumple like nobody’s business!
SUPPLIES: Paper: Soft Suede (115318), More Mustard (100946), Pool Party (122924), Very Vanilla (101650), So Saffron (105118) and Spice Cake DSP (124003); Stamp Set (last photo only): Hand Penned Holidays (W124310 or C124312); Ink: Soft Suede (115657), Pool Party (122938) and More Mustard (103162); Tools: 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch (118874), Blossom Petals Builder (121808), Sticky Sheets (114300) and Stamping Sponges (101610); Finishing Touches: Soft Suede 3/8′ Taffeta Ribbon (122967), Linen Thread (104199) and Gold Brads (last photo only – 104337); Other: Floral Foam, T-Pins and flat toothpick.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Nina Dee, stop number 16 on the September Pals Hop!
Thanks for “hopping” by!
Here’s the full Pals Hop Line Up…
- Jeanne Norris at My Creative Impressions
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Melanie Collins at Oops a Daisy Designs
- Ann Schach at The Stampin’ Schach
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Leah O’Brien at My Stampin’ Room
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Linda Fisher at Linda’s Stampin Loft
- Mike Funke at Stampin-Style
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin’ Space
- Joan Norris at Clearly Creative
- Barbara Chatzkel at Take Out Paper Arts
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie’s Crafty Corner
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Rae Harper at Wild West Stampin’, Scrappin’ & Crafts
- Debbie Pierce at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Camila McManus at OBX Scrapbook
- Jason Casper at Jason’s Stampin’ Pad